SPECIALISING IN A VARIETY OF BESPOKE GROUP ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING ACTIVITIES FOR YOUTH ORGANISATIONS, FAMILIES & FRIENDS AND CORPORATE TEAMBUILDING.
sportscotland national watersports training centre Cumbrae is ideal for groups wishing to use our facilities and arrange their own itinerary. Initially it may be best to call us on 01475 530 757 or email us to discuss preferred dates and the requirements of your proposed visit. We will be happy to chat through with you the issues surrounding bringing a group away and the costs involved. We can also work with you, incorporating your thoughts, and our experiences, to produce a tailored experience.
If there are more than 6 of you who can receive 1 invoice then we can class you as a group. The exception to this is cruising where a group of 5 is permitted. Smaller groups or individuals looking for a course to be run for them specifically, should look at our bespoke courses section and see the guidance given.
(n.b. if you are interested in visiting us with a school or a college/university then please visit the dedicated pages on this site).
- Fill a boat with 5 people and 1 goes Free!
- We have 2 yachts available and access to more.
- Week or weekend bookings .
- Cruise in the Firth of Clyde and visit local islands and anchorages.
- Ideal for beginners, mixed experience or groups of more advanced sailors.
- Perfect for groups of friends wishing to get RYA cruising certificates.
- Excellent yachts and all trips have a qualified Skipper on board.
- Call 01475 530757 or email to enquire.
- Creating an opportunity to get the family active together.
- Perfect way of introducing and developing children in watersports skills.
- Caters for younger children than we can accommodate on our junior activities.
- Full board option available.
- Great value with all equipment and instruction included in price.
- Fun and variety on offer.
- Book specific dates for your own family - call 01475 530757 or email to enquire.
OTHER GROUPS (INCLUDING CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING)
- Ideal for friends and work colleagues.
- 1 – 5 day experiences can be delivered.
- All equipment, watersports clothing, instruction, meals and accommodation if required, will be included in quote.
- Activities available: yacht cruising, dinghy sailing, windsurfing and kayaking.
- Power boating arranged for groups wishing to gain RYA certificates
- Call 01475 530757 or email to enquire.
INTERESTED IN DUKE OF EDINBURGH EXPEDITIONS?
Cumbrae is recognised as an Approved Activity Provider (AAP), as well as a Residential Approved Activity Provider.
- We offer Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions cruising on our yachts or with our kayaks.
- Some individuals and groups use school trips or our brochure courses as their experience towards the physical, skills, or residential parts of either the Bronze, Silver or highly sought after Gold award.
- The expedition duration ranges from 5 to 9 days depending on the level of award.
- Our experienced and qualified coaches/skippers/assessors work with the young people all the way through the training and expedition process and stay on board the yachts for the duration of all expeditions.
- Groups of young people looking to do their qualifying expedition are advised to contact us early with any questions or queries.
- Yacht Sailing - expedition training on board one of our yachts is immediately followed by the practice and then qualifying expeditions.
- Expeditions on-board one of our yachts offer a unique opportunity to experience independence, self reliance and shared endeavour all important attributes of the DofE scheme.
- Sea Kayaking expeditions are a growing area within the DofE expedition framework and our friendly, expert coaches will teach all the relevant and necessary skills, techniques and knowledge required to paddle your sea kayak, navigate on the water and camp from the sea kayak.
For individuals and groups wishing to link their visit to the Duke of Edinburgh awards we suggest you phone to discuss the options and find dates that suit your group.
Please visit our DofE page for more information.
Cumbrae is fully licensed with AALA (Adventure Activities Licensing Authority) and has a yearly inspection from the RYA. Risk assessments are available upon request by a leader to save time filling in the paper work when bringing a group away. Our staff, are well qualified, enthusiastic and have lots of experience working with groups to make sure your stay is safe and fun. All instructional staff are checked with Disclosure Scotland and hold an up to date first aid certificate.