Yachtmaster Offshore/Coastal Prep & Conversion Exam Sail to Power
Preparation period allows time on areas you and the instructor feel would be useful. Main areas covered; IRPCS, Safety, Boat Handling, General Seamanship, Maintenance, Navigation, Meteorology and Responsibilities as Skipper. Assessor comes on board evening of day 2.
Equipment and Kit Information
- YM Coastal – 400nm, 12days, 2 days as skipper and 12 night hours
- YM Offshore – 1250nm, 25 days, 3 days as skipper, 3 passages over 60nm 1 as skipper and 1 overnight.
- 1st Aid certificate and radio licence are required
- Half the mileage must be from tidal waters
- A full breakdown is available on the RYAs website and logbook G158 which also explains clearly what size of vessel is accepted for the mileage.