RYA Yachtmaster Offshore/Coastal Power Exam Preparation Motor Cruising
We offer 3 days of training prior to the exam. Our instructor will hone your skills and concentrate on areas at your request, a worthwhile experience before the examiner comes on board. SRC (GMDSS) and First Aid certificates are required for those being assessed.
Candidates requiring an exam must mention this at the time of booking to receive an RYA / MCA Exam Application form.
Dates available on request.
Price includes onboard accommodation, food, fuel, berthing fees, waterproofs, equipment and instruction.
Equipment and Kit Information
- YM Coastal – 800nm, 30days, 2 days as skipper and 12 night hours
(This is reduced for those who have completed the Coastal Skipper course)
- YM Offshore – 2500nm, 50 days, 5 days as skipper, 5 passages over 60nm 2 as skipper and 2 overnight
- For both of these courses a valid 1st Aid certificate and Radio licence is necessary
- half the mileage has to be from Tidal waters.
- A full breakdown is available on the RYAs website and logbook G158 which also explains clearly what size of vessel is accepted for the mileage etc