The assessment will start at 1900hrs on the course start date when you will meet the assessment staff. During the evening the assessment staff will spend time working through the assessment paperwork and your completed portfolio.
This should allow the following day to be run in as practical a way as possible, utilizing sportscotland Cumbraes facility.
During the assessment you will be expected to deliver two coaching sessions to students during the assessment. You will have time to prepare for this the evening before, when information about the students to be coached will also be given out.
The following information is intended for candidates with a Version 4 portfolio.
Candidates have the option of being assessed in canoe and/or kayak at assessment.
The resulting qualification will be one of the following:
• British Canoeing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport (Kayak)
• British Canoeing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport (Canoe)
• British Canoeing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport (Canoe & Kayak)
The assessment will look at all aspects of the British Canoeing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport syllabus.
The course will finish by giving you a clear action plan as to how to continue your coaching development.
If you have attended a British Canoeing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddle sport Training Course within the last 12 months, have completed the Candidate Assessment Portfolio since your training, you can book onto a British Canoeing Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport Assessment.
PRE-REGISTRATION WITH BRITISH CANOEING OR SCA IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE. CONTACT BRITISH CANOEING or SCA ON 0845 370 9500 or 0131 317 7314 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Your assessment staff will need to see the following when they meet you at 1900hrs on the first evening:
• BRITISH CANOEING/SCA/CANI/WCA comprehensive (full) membership.
• Evidence of registration – PDF copy of your Registration Certificate (SCA Members) or your Original Stamped ‘CR’ Form (English, Welsh or NI Members). This needs to be completed prior to booking the course.
• Evidence of British Canoeing Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport Level 2 Training Course or APL.
• Foundation Safety and Rescue Certificate or Canoe Safety Test (if achieved prior to 01/01/09)
• British Canoeing ‘New’ 2 Star Certificate or ‘Old’ 2 Star in both Canoe and Kayak for Boat Based Candidates.
• British Canoeing 3 Star certificate in any kayaking discipline and a British Canoeing 3 Star certificate in Canoe for Boat Based candidates.
• LTPD online test Certificate.
• Completed Assessment Portfolio.Equipment and Kit InformationDaily Schedule