College & Universities Groups
- Cumbrae can provide a complete range of services for college and university groups - leading students from novices all the way through to instructor level of competences.
- We will design a schedule to suit your individual needs, ranging from one day introductory sessions, week long residential experiences and bespoke sessions for college/uni departments, which may form part of academic study.
- Cumbrae can integrate into your outdoor course providing facilities, expertise and world class instruction in a wide variety of water sports, allowing your students to gain experience and qualifications alongside the countries leading coaches.
- Our instructor team also work remotely and can provide the full range of British Canoeing & Royal Yachting Association courses.
1 Day and 2 Day Multi-activity College/Uni Sample Programmes
5 Day Multi-activity College/Uni Sample Programme
1 Day - £48 per student, includes lunch.
2 Day - £128 per student, includes food and 1 night’s stay at the centre.
5 Day - £312 per student, includes food and overnight accommodation at the centre.
Please view our information for Lecturers/Leaders.
Interested in Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions?
Cumbrae is recognised as an Approved Activity Provider (AAP), as well as a Residential Approved Activity Provider.
- We offer Duke of Edinburgh Expeditions cruising on our yachts or with our kayaks.
- Some individuals and groups use school trips or our brochure courses as their experience towards the physical, skills, or residential parts of either the Bronze, Silver or highly sought after Gold award.
- The expedition duration ranges from 5 to 9 days depending on the level of award.
- Our experienced and qualified coaches/skipper/assessors work with the young people all the way through the training and expedition process and stay on board the yachtrs for the duration of all expeditions.
- Groups of young people looking to do their qualifying expedition are advised to contact us early with any questions or queries.
- Yacht Sailing expedition training on board one of our yachts is immediately followed by the practice and then qualifying expeditions.
- Expeditions on-board one of our yachts offers a unique opportunity to experience independence, self reliance and shared endeavour all important attributes of the DofE scheme.
- Sea Kayaking expeditions are a growing area within the DofE expedition framework and our friendly, expert coaches will teach all the relevant and necessary skills, techniques and knowledge required to paddle your sea kayak, navigate on the water and camp from the sea kayak.
For individuals and groups wishing to link their visit to the Duke of Edinburgh awards we suggest you phone to discuss the options and find dates that suit your group.
Please visit our DofE page for more information.